The cancellation period for 1 room is 7 days and for 2-3 rooms is 14 days. A cancellation fee of $20 per night applies to cancellations made before the cancellation deadline. Cancellations made within 7 days (1 room) or 14 days (2 or more rooms) are subject to full charge for the nights reserved, unless we are able to re book the room(s).
- We accept VISA and MasterCard. Balance must be paid in full upon arrival.
- A 10% hotel tax applies to all room rates.
- Due to rising utility costs, there will be a four percent energy surcharge added to all rooms.
- Minimum stays are similar to others in the area and vary by date.
- Check-in is between 3 pm and 6 pm. Please arrange for late arrivals. Check-out time is promptly at 11 a.m. At a “small” yet sprawling inn such as ours, the part-time cleaning crew must cover a lot of territory during a limited time-frame; late checkouts compromise our ability to ready rooms for new guests. A late checkout fee of $25 applies to guests who have not checked out by 11:30 and $50 if not out by 12:00 noon. Guests who remain after 12:00 noon are charged for an extra night.
- We offer only smoke-free accommodations. Smoking outdoors in designated areas only. If smoking does occur in the room, a $250 cleaning fee will apply.
- Guests will be responsible for damaged or missing property.
- A limited number of rooms are available to guests with perfectly behaved, flea-free dogs, but reservations for dogs must be made by telephone. Additional charge applies.
- Reservations for groups must be made by telephone. Group reservations may also require a deposit and advanced notice of cancellation.
For Parents with Small Children
We welcome families with kids. Child friendly, however, is not synonymous with letting children run wild at the expense of others. Unless you are part of a large family group that is occupying the entire inn, you do need to pay attention to noise levels and activities. We do expect parents to supervise and be responsible for the actions of their children. and to be sensitive to the needs and expectations of many guests for a quiet retreat. If you are bringing babies or small children, please let us know, so that we can choose a suitable accommodation. We try not to put families with little children next to adults looking for a quiet retreat. Children two years and older do count as “people” in terms of occupancy.
Our family suites are set up to accommodate families with children. Parents, however, need to be sensitive to the needs of other guests here for a quiet retreat. Everyone needs to do their best to observe the quiet hours from 9 pm to 9 am. Parents of young children with lots of early morning energy are encouraged to direct kids to play away from the guest rooms. Many parents take their children on morning strolls towards the back of the property to see the birds and diverse plants or play on the tennis court. Others take the kids to play at Chicken Ranch beach.
We ask everyone to observe quiet hours of 9 pm to 9 am. This being said, when staying here you may not be the only guest in your building; Therefore, we ask that you be aware of your noise level as your neighbors are probably hoping for a quiet relaxing stay. The Inverness Valley Inn is a big place, and it is surprising to some how well voices travel in the otherwise still valley setting. Because most people come to the Inn for a quiet retreat, guests who part of groups need to coordinate the time and place of the get together with the Inn staff. We have several groups of picnic tables strategically placed a distance from other guests’ rooms. By the Marin County operating permit all outside social gatherings must be over by 9 pm.